Hemingway has undoubtedly influenced many writers and readers. Most of his work is a reminder of the hard times and how it shaped people in the world war era.
His stories are still very apt, more so now perhaps in the times, we live in. His book ‘The Old Man and the Sea’ is a favourite, a story of overcoming defeat. But it’s his book ‘Winner Take Nothing’ that made me think through. It is such a depressing book on what to do with life when no matter how much you try, you don’t get where you want to. In fact, it then forces you to redefine the purpose of existence and how to reconcile to the vagaries of life.
Sharing some of his best quotes.
• Courage is grace under pressure.
• The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.
• When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
• The first draft of anything is shit.
• But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
• There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
#Motivation #Creativity #WhatInspiresMe
Note : A significant part of my experience comes from Bandhavgargh