I started my FB page in the last week of August 2020, and by the end of November, within three months of time, the reach out has been more than 80.
My important learnings have been as follows:
- Posted regularly. Asked questions. Shared what I thought was important. Copies of other people. Replied to interesting questions.
- Became a member of ClickFunnels (Official) and groups of similar stature. Got my queries resolved, and was able to ask further questions. The moderating team members too engaged with me.
- Engage with audience in my personal page and professional pages that I have created.
- I am now the member in ore than 64 groups.
- I do a daily facebook-live.
- I share these videos in about 10 groups daily. (Posting in more than 10 groups in not advised as it may be considered as spam. I got a restriction for a week when I tried posting in more than 25 groups everyday)
- Tried solving a problem within my niche area. This led me to do a bit of research and the information was collated and correlated. New insights emerged which attracted attention.
- Boosted post occasionally.
- Run Campaigns to experiment with the audience. Where am I reaching out.
Dealing with distraction!
- It requires patience to deal with the audience. Many engage very constructively. That means it is the starting point of long term association.
- Be restrained with some of the comments that are very irritating and out and out toxic. Either give in to their ways or weed them out by silently blocking them without any argument. Actually I posted a question once asking “what lesson am I to learn from a weird audience” and somebody told me that it is ‘Patience”. Indeed!
- It is also exchange of ideas which are not always the same or similar type. A healthy discussion can be ensued generating sufficient engagement from the onlookers also. It is the best way to tell about yourself. A branding takes place.
Do it anyways!
- Some negative, abusive or demotivating comments will take one occasionally to stop the effort.
- Consistency is the key, so despite anything anyway.
- Accept that everyday there will not be enough zeal. There will not be a topic to discuss on someday. But even within an interval of 7 days, the same topic will have newer insights for you, which can be shared with your regular audience.
- Do not default being on the page at the appointed time.
Observe the Audience!
- Audience is the key.
- Choose the right circle
- My audience had been largely silent to my questions. I observed that I was not asking questions which made any sense to them. The line of thought is entirely different. But after some time, few of them started responding.
- That is when I realized that I had two kinds of audience. One category which came in at the beginning of my FB journey and remained in my list without any exchange, and they mostly did not understand my thought process.
- The other group which started reacting to me is a small number. This group always come to respond. I have tested them out
- But when I get active with this group, the silent group starts becoming active with private messages which are unpalatable most of the time. I had to eliminate them.
- Why it is important to retain the right group
- People who have been retained in the list for a longer period of time become the ‘chosen’ kid of audience for FB Algorithm
- When a campaign is run, the undesirable silent group gains prominence and will be reached out by the FB campaigns.
- This increases the danger of multiplying the undesirable category in the audience.
- So take time. Engage with people and slowly eliminate the type which are not required.
The next in FB is to be very careful with retaining the ‘quality’ audience.
Note : A significant part of my experience comes from Bandhavgargh